The Houston Texans have a lot of decisions to make before getting the team down to the NFL Mandated 53 players by August 31st. Some players under the gun are
- ILB Max Bullough – The undrafted rookie has performed well in preseason but this is a hard position to figure out and there have been times of confusion for the young rook.
- K Chris Boswell – After missing two field goals in preseason week two against the Falcons, Boswell has been on the bubble. He is trying to unseat incumbent Randy Bullock but barring an injury to Bullock, Boswell has little chance of making the cut.
- WR Travis Labhart – I have never liked when an NFL team signs a receiver under six foot and Labhart is 5’9″. During the preseason, Rookie QB Tom Savage has linked up with him a couple of times. He may be able to force his way on with another strong performance against the Niners.
- FS Shilo Keo – Even though he started over Ed Reed last season, Keo will have to have an absolute monster game to stay on the Texans roster. Having said that, he could be an addition to a lot of NFL defenses if he is cut.
- Case Keenum and Tom Savage will battle it out for the backup spot to Ryan Fitzpatrick.